A comprehensive database at your fingertips
Streaming now, scroll through music and videos, from classical music to features on topics such as dance production, and much more in our database.
Movies & TV
- Asian Film Online: Asian culture as seen through the lens of the independent Asian filmmaker.
- Dance in Video: searchable database containing streaming video files of dance productions and documentaries by influential performers and companies of the 20th century.
- Digitalia Film Library: multilingual/multinational streaming feature films and documentaries, most in Spanish and Portuguese with English subtitles.
- Drama Online: playtext content and scholarly publications with filmed live performances, film adaptations, and audio plays.
- Independent World Cinema: more than 400 of the most important films produced from the early 20th century to today. It proudly turns the spotlight on preeminent independent distributors.
- Kanopy: streaming videos on a wide variety of subjects.
- National Theatre Collection: a collaboration with the U.K.'s National Theatre which brings the stage to life through access to high-definition streaming video of world-class productions offering significant insight into theatre and performance studies.
- Opera in Video: streaming video of operas, interviews and documentaries.
- Swank Digital Campus: the top 1000 feature films and documentaries for use in a curricular setting.
- Vanderbilt Television News Archive: abstracts of evening news broadcasts from ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, PBS, and FOX News, special news reports, coverage of political conventions.
Stream music from a large variety of genres including classical, jazz, and world music.
- Classical Music Library: a classical music service that enables listening and learning at library and home computers. It includes around 15,000 recordings, along with program notes, composer biographies, and images cross-referenced to the recordings.
- Naxos Music Library: the most comprehensive collection of classical music available online. It includes the complete Naxos, Marco Polo and Da Capo catalogues of over 75,000 tracks, including Classical music, Historical recordings, Jazz, World, Folk and Chinese music.
- Music Online: Listening: streaming audio in a wide variety of musical genres, including classical music, world music, popular music, jazz and other forms of American music.
- Smithsonian Global Sound: more than 35,000 streaming recordings of global and world music in a variety of genres and languages.